Herzog by Saul Bellow, book club edition, 1964
Synopsis: This is the story of Moses Herzog, a great sufferer, joker, mourner, and charmer. Although his life steadily disintegrates around him - he has failed as a writer and teacher, as a father, and has lost the affection of his wife to his best friend - Herzog sees himself as a survivor, both of his private disasters and those of the age. He writes unsent letters to friends and enemies, colleagues and famous people, revealing his wry perception of the world around him, and the innermost secrets of his heart.
- 1964 copy of Herzog by Saul Bellow
- this book is the winner of the International Literary Prize
- book club edition, so collectible!
- hardcover with dust jacket
- a small tear in the back of the dust jacket; otherwise excellent condition