Five Little Peppers and How They Grew by Margaret Sidney, 1936
Times are tough around the little brown house! The widowed Mrs. Pepper has to sew all day long just to earn enough to pay the rent and to feed the five growing Peppers. But she faces poverty and trouble with a stout heart, a smiling face, and the help of her jolly brood: blue-eyed Ben, the eldest and the man of the house at the age of 11; pretty Polly, so eager to cook for the family and make everyone happy and comfortable; and the three littlest Peppers, Joel, Davie, and baby Phronsie.
A favorite of children, parents, and teachers for generations, this heartwarming classic first appeared in 1880. Since then, it has inspired countless young imaginations with its tender tales of the ways in which courage and good cheer can overcome adversity.
- 1936 copy of Five Little Peppers and How They Grew by Margaret Sidney
- hardcover with dust jacket
- perfect for folks who are collecting different pictorial covers of the book!
- Grosset and Dunlap edition
- there are several tears in the dust jacket, though the book itself is in excellent condition